Amazingly strong 3D printed composite parts made from materials and technology you can only find in a Markforged printer.
Materials combine to give you superior composites by starting with our base plastics and adding continuous fibers for reinforcement. Engineer parts for toughness, strength, high temperature, stability and resilience.
more about the:
Every Markforged printed part starts with a base plastic filament extruded from our first print head. Parts made of plastics alone have excellent engineered properties such as toughness, stiffness, stability and strength over other plastic printers.
- Onyx – Our Onyx material is at the core of all Markforged printers starting with the Onyx One. It is a beautiful black filament made from combining tough nylon with micro-carbon reinforcement. Onyx gives you stiff and dimensionally stable engineering grade parts, with twice the strength of other 3D printed plastics. Onyx parts have a high-quality surface finish and high heat tolerance.
- Nylon – Tough Nylon filament is flexible and impact-resistant and can be stiffened with any of our continuous fiber options. It’s a highly versatile 3D printing material both with and without reinforcing fibers.
Reinforce parts with continuous fiber for amazing properties through our second print head. You have a choice of four fiber materials for tremendous boosts in strength, toughness and other properties for the most advanced uses any 3D printer can provide.
- Carbon Fiber – Carbon fiber composites are well-known as a high performance, superior and lightweight material. Markforged gives you the only way to 3D print continuous carbon fiber for the most impressive of properties. This is our showcase and most advanced material, with the highest strength to weight ratio for 10 times the strength of Onyx alone. Carbon fiber reinforcement is perfect for applications requiring the greatest possible stiffness and strength but as light a feather.
- Kevlar – Only Markforged allows you to print with continuous Kevlar. Kevlar has the best abrasion resistance and is our most flexible fiber material. For when you need parts that are durable and resistant to impact, Kevlar will take the blow.
- Fiberglass – Markforged Fiberglass is a continuous fiber designed to reinforce Onyx or Tough Nylon and is available starting with the Onyx Pro printer. Parts containing fiberglass give you 5 times the strength of Onyx parts alone in addition to other properties not found anywhere else in 3D printing. Use for a wide variety of strong, robust parts.
- HSHT Fiberglass – High Strength, High Temperature (HSHT) Fiberglass is a material for users who need strong parts in higher temperature environments, uniquely designed to thrive in the heat of the moment.
Cycle & Environmental Testing
Markforged validates all materials for performance with exhaustive testing to ensure your parts retain their strength over extended use.
- Material Data Sheet – View here: Markforged.com/landing/material-data-sheet